Tuesday 27 November 2007

Coming Back

I've been asked if I will be making changes when I get back to church and if I have a new vision for church. The answer to both those questions is yes. However, before I do anything with regard to what I feel God has been saying to me over the last four months, the first thing I want to do is find out what God has been up to in Church while I've been away. I don't want to come back to church with ideas and plans that I feel are from God and then actually cut across what God has been doing in the life of our church. So my first task will be to listen.

I'm also still working on some aspects of what I feel needs to be done in Church. Some of the changes I have in mind are small, others could be quite difficult to develop, others you may not see come into effect for a couple of years and there are changes that will effect every area of church life. So probably for the next 4-8 weeks I'll still be refining some of my thoughts. As I have mentioned in a previous post I am writing down how I see things developing in Church and this will include a timed strategy . This document will then be shared with the leadership of the church. It won't be secret and it will be open for discussion.

I am really looking forward to getting back to church. You'll never know just how much I missed everyone there. I can't wait to find out what God has been doing, so don't hold back on telling me your stories. I also know that a number of people have been working incredibly hard during my absence - Mike, Sue, Julia and Anna, - to name but a few. I hope you all appreciate what they have done for you.

No comments: